Are you managing as well as you should? Or are you being asked to improve how you manage your operating unit or teams?
Our Management Practices Assessment and Improvement Tool provides you with an approach and guidance on good management practices.
The management principles and practices described in the tool apply to managers at all organization levels, with some being more applicable to different levels of the organization. For example, a manager of a discrete business process must develop and implement strategy, but granted it will differ from the strategy development by a higher level manager or CEO; however both have many similar characteristics.
Follow this link to the tool. http://www.advancingyourorganization.com/?page_id=1403.
The Management Practices Assessment and Improvement Categories are:
- Strategic Thinking, Vision and Actions
- Strategy and Goals
- Organization Culture
- Clear Direction and Project Planning
- Maintaining Priorities
- Using Performance Measures
- Regular and Productive Meetings With Direct Reports
- Responsibilities and Authority
- In Touch With Employees
- In Touch With Customers – External and Internal
- Delegating Work
- Organization and Team Leadership
- Supporting Employees
- Interest In Employee Personal Lives
- People Development
- Constructive Feedback to Employees
- Staffing Levels Management
- Bottom Lines
- Conflict Resolution
- Self Awareness
See and use the tool at http://www.advancingyourorganization.com/?page_id=1403.
Michael VanBruaene was a KPMG Director and blogs at www.AdvancingYourOrganizatin.com. Practical Tools To Improve Organization Performance.