- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
The Art of Conducting A Consulting Project Interview – Includes Active Listening
February 6, 2013
When conducted correctly a consulting project interview will result in more than just useful information directly linked to a question or a form to be completed. Properly conducted interviews will go a long way in building client confidence that you are competent; and that you will deliver what is required from the objectives of the consulting project. And you will have enhanced your relationship with the client. This can be essential for a successful project particularly those that will result in providing the client with contentious, controversial or negative information and/or that will require substantial changes in its operations.
Here are some useful tips. You may have others that you follow.
- Be Actively Interested
- Your Interviewee Will Talk With Other Employees
- Prepare In Advance
- Review With a Colleague
- Research The Interviewee
- Visualize The Interview
- Make the interviewee comfortable
- Interviewee Questions
- Progress From the General and Non-Controversial to Specific and More Controversial Questions
- Actively Listen
- Use Two Interviewers
- Type Your Notes In Most Instances
- Anything Else?
For details go to http://www.advancingyourorganization.com/?p=1261
Michael VanBruaene was a KPMG Director and blogs at Michael VanBruaene Organization Performance Improvement Services – Advancing Your Organization (www.AdvancingYourOrganization.com). He can also be contacted at email@example.com.