- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
BDO: another PKF firm joins the network
October 23, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The BDO Member Firm in Australia has confirmed the completion of merger negotiations between their Adelaide member firm, BDO (SA) Pty Ltd and PKF Business Advisers Pty Ltd in Adelaide.
“This is not entirely a surprise given the expected consolidation in our profession –
particularly in Australia. It is all part of the change and development that is emerging in
professional services,” says BDO’s international CEO, Martin van Roekel, who was part of the negotiating team for the previous integration with BDO and PKF ECP. “This clearly demonstrates a continuing interest in the BDO brand, which is certainly gaining in strength. This gives BDO great potential to expand our worldwide network and provide clients with greater choice.”
The merger is scheduled to take place on 1 January 2013. The combined firm will expand its capacity to 25 partners and around 180 staff with a turnover of around $25m, and will further contribute to BDO’s position in Australia which is expected to achieve revenues for the 2013 financial year in excess of $250m.
BDO’s Australian National Chairman, Tony Schiffmann also commented:
“The previous integration with BDO and PKF ECP has been very successful, and now, with the merger between BDO and PKF in Adelaide, we can further support our clients by providing a greater range of solutions, backed by expanded technical and industry sector expertise,” he said.