- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Capgemini: CSR Initiative helps Micro-entrepreneurs
October 15, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The Women’s forum Global Meeting is an internationally renowned knowledge platform for new thinking and new global networks featuring women’s voices and perspectives. It is also the ideal place to promote this initiative to Directors and C-Level executive. According to PlaNet Finance as many as 500 million micro-entrepreneurs are currently struggling to finance and develop their projects. Eighty percent of these are women.
Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, outsourcing and IT services, and its subsidiary Sogeti recently took part in the latest edition of the Women’s Forum in Deauville, France October 10 to 12. Capgemini and Sogeti highlighted their digital micro-credit platform launched in partnership with MicroWorld last February.
The digital platform used by Capgemini and Sogeti employees was demoed in the Capgemini stand during Women’s Forum, to inspire other organizations to support micro-entrepreneurs through their employees. In addition, Khady Mbaye, a Senegalese micro-entrepreneur came to share her experience telling how it improved the everyday life of her family. She created a craft shop in Dakar through this initiative where she sells jewelries, handbags, accessories she manufactures herself or purchased from local craftsman.
With around 120,000 people in 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2011 global revenues of EUR 9.7 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.