- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Capgemini Expanding Apprenticeship Programme
August 28, 2012
Capgemini launched a global apprenticeship programme last year to support the mayor of London’s Apprenticeship program. The apprenticeship programme is carried out over the course of five years. The company took on 34 apprentices two months after the programme was first announced. A Capgemini spokesperson has stated that the initiative has been well received and the firm expects to add additional apprentices in the coming months.
Capgemini is offering apprenticeships at various locations throughout the UK. Many candidates have shown an interest in these positions, however they must be willing to travel throughout the country to satisfy the requirements of the clients they are serving.
Capgemini intends to more than double the number of apprentices it has on staff by September and November. Apprentices will be needed with expertise in a variety of sectors, including project management, software engineering and network administration.
Apprentices will be able to take advantage of Capgemini’s continuing education opportunities. Those working towards a part-time bachelors of science in computer programming or another relevant industry can receive tuition assistance.
Once an apprentice completes the programme successfully they are eligible for a full-time position at Capgemini. Capgemini said that the programme offers opportunities that candidates are unlikely to find in any other firm.