- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
Capgemini: Global Strategic Alliance To Enable Brazilian Businesses
February 8, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology, and outsourcing services, and EMC, the global leader in private, public and hybrid cloud infrastructure technologies, today announced the expansion of their global alliance with a strategic go-to-market agreement to expand operations in Brazil. The two companies have committed to work collaboratively to deliver customer value through the implementation of next-generation cloud solutions.
Capgemini’s relationship with EMC dates back to 2002 when the companies began offering joint pay-as-you-go storage services. Capgemini has been an EMC Global Alliance Partner since the program’s inception in 2008. The two companies formed a strategic alliance in 2011, with the aim of driving significant growth through the joint development of next-generation, cloud-based solutions. This new addition to that alliance extends the strategic partnership of the two companies to leverage their expertise to enable geographic, vertical and emerging markets growth, first in Brazil, before rolling out similar approaches in other markets.
Jean-Claude Viollier, Corporate Vice President, Head of Global Channels and Partners, Capgemini comments:
“EMC’s commitment in Capgemini Brasil is a key milestone in the strategic alliance between our companies. As the fourth largest IT services provider in Brazil, we have witnessed a shift in IT spending patterns as our customers here move to a more service-based cloud approach to IT procurement. Through this initiative we will be able to leverage EMC’s market leading technology to drive significant growth through innovative joint IT solutions that deliver exceptional value and help accelerate the cloud-enabled journey for clients in Brazil.”
In 2010, the Capgemini Group acquired CPM Braxis, which had been successfully operating in Brazil for more than 30 years. Later in 2012 CPM Braxis Capgemini was newly rebranded Capgemini Brasil. Capgemini in Brazil employs 7,800 people and serves over 200 clients, offering four main service lines: Applications Services, Infrastructure Services and Products and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO).