- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
Capgemini: Major IT Deal With Bayer Business Services
July 6, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Capgemini recently signed a contract for the provision of IT services from India. Bayer Business Services is the global competence center for IT and business services of the Bayer group, a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials, headquartered in Germany. The contract includes global application development and services, as well as infrastructure services including service management and will run over a period of five years.
During an intensive tender process Capgemini was selected as sole provider out of a range of Indian and global competitors due to its ability to provide a strong solution for offshore services in India through its Rightshore® delivery model, together with a holistic HR solution and its industrialization and rationalization approach.
The contract includes global application development and services, as well as infrastructure services including service management and will run over a period of five years. Under the terms of the contract Capgemini will take over the operations of Bayer Business Services’ captive IT service center in Mumbai, India, with approx 550 employees. The contract was signed between the legal entities Capgemini Deutschland GmbH and Bayer Business Services GmbH.
“We were looking for a strategic partner for our IT service center in Mumbai with a similar cultural fit and values. Capgemini had a convincing offer through its broad portfolio, its strong presence in Mumbai and its sustainable HR transformation solution,” says Daniel Hartert CEO of Bayer Business Services