- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Deloitte: 2013 Warrior Games Announced
January 12, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) and Deloitte announced recently that the Warrior Games will be held in Colorado Springs, Colo., May 11-17, 2013. More than 200 wounded, ill and injured service members and veterans are expected to participate this year. Deloitte has been the presenting sponsor of the Warrior Games since the annual event was first held in 2010. The Games are designed to introduce injured service members and veterans to Paralympic sport competition and encourage them to stay physically active when they return to their local communities following the event.
Robin Lineberger, chief executive officer, Federal Government Services practice, Deloitte Consulting LLP comments:
“It is an honor to sponsor the Warrior Games because they empower our service men and women and veterans to compete on a different field, the field of sport,”he says. “Rehabilitative sport has a long-lasting impact on both the athletes and on their families. That is why Deloitte is proud to support the Warrior Games and other activities that further the recovery of service members and veterans through sports and athletics.”
The ceremony, as well as the Warrior Games competitions, will be free and open to the public. Additional details will be provided in the coming months on the U.S. Paralympics website, USParalympics.org and the Warrior Games Facebook page.