- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
Deloitte: Belk Taps Deloitte Digital as Mobile Agency of Record
October 6, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Belk, Inc. announced that Deloitte Digital has been selected as the retailer’s tablet agency of record. Deloitte will spearhead thier upcoming tablet effort in support of the company-wide Omni-channel Retail initiative.
Tablets offer a uniquely visual and personal experience from other platforms and use is growing rapidly—more than 55 million Americans already own a tablet device.1 In Adobe’s recent study on retail website visitors in 2011, it found that tablet visitors spent 54 percent more per purchase than smartphone visitors and 21 percent more than traditional visitors.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest privately owned mainline department store company with 302 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states. The company was founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C. and is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Its belk.com Web site offers a wide assortment of fashion apparel, shoes and accessories for the entire family along with top name cosmetics, a wedding registry and a large selection of quality merchandise for the home. To connect with Belk via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blog, mobile phone text messages or by email, go to: Belk Get Connected.
Kasey Lobaugh, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and Omni-channel Retail Leader, Deloitte Digital comments:
“Tablets are obviously an important piece of the omni-channel retail model, but just building a tablet-specific experience may not be enough to increase brand value, earn customers’ trust and drive sales,” she said. “Users expect—and reward—tablet experiences grounded in simplicity, usefulness and eye-catching aesthetics.”