- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
Deloitte: Constraints Driving Agency Reorganization Planning
August 13, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Driven by budgetary constraints, federal government managers are considering reorganization at the agency or program level according to a new study by the Government Business Council (GBC) and Deloitte.
Specific report findings include:
- Federal managers are familiar with reorganization. More than 90 percent of survey participants experienced reorganization at the department/agency or program/office level.
- Respondents report past reorganizations produced less than effective results due to poor communication from leadership (76 percent) and employee resistance (63 percent).
- Despite the challenges that complicate reorganization, focus group participants still consider it worthwhile. Recommendations include having a well-developed plan and communicating it clearly and effectively to stakeholders, and facilitating effective oversight and monitoring throughout the entire process.
While more than half (51 percent) attribute reorganization to limited financial resources, a mere 29 percent say their agency is equipped to manage the human capital effects of a reorganization. Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. In the United States, more than 6,600 professionals are dedicated to serving U.S. federal clients with wide-ranging missions. Deloitte is helping federal organizations explore how to be more efficient or do things differently, with a deep understanding of the government’s requirements, processes, and systems, and insights into workforce and technology issues.