- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Detroit Office Earns LEED Gold Certification
January 1, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte announced recently that its Detroit office at 200 Renaissance Center was awarded a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)Gold certification from the United States Green Building Council.
The certification highlights Deloitte’s commitment to corporate sustainability through the implementation of environmentally sound design elements, including significantly reduced water and energy consumption through low flow fixtures, occupancy sensors, Energy Star-rated equipment, and greater access to natural light sources. Additionally, the office’s air quality, materials, furniture, and finishes met environmental standards required for certification.
LEED is an internationally recognized green building program. It provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations, and maintenance solutions. The U.S. Green Building Council offers four certification levels – platinum, gold, silver and certified.
“We are honored to be recognized by an organization that is responding to one of the most critical challenges of our generation,” said Mark Davidoff, Michigan managing partner, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP. “Corporate responsibility and sustainability is one of our core values. Our people are passionate about reducing our impact on the environment around us and have made it part of our workplace culture.”