- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
Deloitte: Detroit Office Earns LEED Gold Certification
December 14, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte announced today that its Detroit office at 200 Renaissance Center was awarded a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)Gold certification from the United States Green Building Council.The Detroit office was certified in the commercial interior category following a renovation and move to additional space in the Renaissance Center in September 2011. Deloitte has been a Renaissance Center tenant since the early 1990s.
LEED is an internationally recognized green building program. It provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations, and maintenance solutions. The U.S. Green Building Council offers four certification levels – platinum, gold, silver and certified.
The certification highlights Deloitte’s commitment to corporate sustainability through the implementation of environmentally sound design elements, including significantly reduced water and energy consumption through low flow fixtures, occupancy sensors, Energy Star-rated equipment, and greater access to natural light sources. Additionally, the office’s air quality, materials, furniture, and finishes met environmental standards required for certification.