- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Former SEC Chief Accountant Joins Firm
December 13, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte announced recently James L. Kroeker, former Securities and Exchange Commission Chief Accountant, has agreed to join the organization as deputy managing partner, professional practice, effective January 7, 2013, pending approval by Deloitte LLP’s board of directors.
During his SEC tenure, Kroeker served as staff director of the agency’s study of fair value accounting standards, which was mandated by Congress in 2008, and led the efforts of the Office of the Chief Accountant to improve off-balance sheet accounting standards. He also guided the Commission’s efforts as it continues to consider convergence of U.S. and international accounting standards. He joined the SEC in 2007 as Deputy Chief Accountant.
Previously, Kroeker served as the SEC’s Chief Accountant since January 2009, guiding the operations of the SEC’s Office of the Chief Accountant and counseling the Commission on a wide range of accounting and auditing issues.
Kroeker will serve in a leadership role reporting directly to the Deloitte & Touche LLP CEO, promoting high audit quality and serving as a senior consultative resource to help Deloitte engagement teams and clients reach high quality financial reporting conclusions in the public interest.
“After considering numerous opportunities, I am thrilled to be joining Deloitte. Deloitte has an outstanding legacy of leadership in the advancement of the auditing profession. Such leadership is as essential to investors today as it has been at any time in history, and today I see Deloitte playing a critical role in leading the profession to a new standard of audit quality,” explained Kroeker. “I look forward to being a part of this continuing legacy.”