- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Global Talent Challenges in the Face of Business Expansion Will Drive HR
January 9, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Bersin by Deloitte, a leading provider of research-based membership programs in human resources (HR), talent and learning, today announced new research that predicts that as businesses around the world expand in 2013, they will face a growing shortage of talent and leadership. This will drive an accelerated need for business agility, career development and talent mobility programs, leadership development and re-engagement of the workforce.
In Predictions for 2013: Corporate Talent, Leadership and HR—Nexus of Global Forces Drives New Models for Talent, the report points out that while compliance and core HR programs continue to be business-critical, they often do not add enough value in today’s global business environment. Chief HR officers (CHROs) and their teams who have found a way to automate, streamline and outsource such “non-strategic” parts of their operations and focus on more strategic initiatives will likely outperform their peers.
The 2013 report includes 15 predictions that highlight many of the sweeping changes underway in the economy and the workplace as they relate to three broad areas: business leadership and talent; HR technology, tools and markets; and HR organizations, strategy and leadership.