- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Deloitte: Global talent to strengthen E&R team imported
December 22, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte’s Energy and Resources group received a boost last month, with Geoffrey Cann relocating to Australia from the Canadian member firm and Matthew Donaldson returning home after working in the London office of the UK member firm.
Mr Cann, a consulting partner, said the coal seam gas industry in Queensland was facing some unique challenges and he was looking forward to working with clients to help overcome them. Mr Donaldson has spent more than 15 years in London, working directly for multinational oil and gas companies, and then as an auditor and advisor to broad range of oil and gas clients. He said he was excited to be returning to Australia and to be taking a more active role in Deloitte’s mining group.
Deloitte Australia’s Energy & Resources Leader, Keith Jones, said that the pair would be based in the Brisbane office but that the national practice as a whole would benefit from their decades of international experience in the resources sector.
“Both Geoff and Matt are experienced operators in the oil and gas industry, and they’ll bring a new level of skill and insight that will be hugely beneficial to clients, particularly on the east coast market where operators are confronting a number of hurdles in realising the potential of a new LNG export market there,” Mr Jones said.