- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Deloitte: Gregory G. Weaver Named Chairman and CEO
July 19, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte announced that Gregory G. Weaver has been named chairman and chief executive officer of Deloitte & Touche LLP. Weaver’s appointment was ratified by the partners and principals of Deloitte & Touche and is effective immediately.
With over 38 years of experience at Deloitte, including 27 years as a partner, Weaver has an extensive background underscored by diverse leadership roles — most notably as chairman and CEO of Deloitte & Touche from 2001 to 2005.
Weaver serves on the board and executive committee of the National Council for Minorities in Engineering, Inc. He is also a former member of the Stan Ross Department of Accountancy’s Board at Baruch College and a former member of the Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council.
Prior to being named to his new role, Weaver was a member of the board of directors of Deloitte LLP, serving on its Governance and Compensation Committees and chairing its Succession Committee.
Joseph Echevarria, chief executive officer of Deloitte LLP commented:
Greg is a natural choice to lead our audit and advisory subsidiary,” he said. “His prior experience in this position, in particular, gives him a deep understanding of the most critical aspects of its business and the unique role of the auditor in building trust and protecting the investing public and capital markets. Moreover, Greg’s relentless focus on quality, combined with his technical expertise and unwavering integrity, has earned him the respect of his peers inside and outside Deloitte.”