- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Joining forces With Monitor in global acquisition
January 15, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte and Monitor — one of the world’s leading strategy consulting firms — announced Friday they have joined forces. In a global acquisition, this move combines Monitor’s highly influential brand, strong thought leadership and top-notch talent with Deloitte’s extraordinary reach, access and resources to solidify the Deloitte network as a worldwide leader in strategy consulting. Monitor’s talent and assets will combine with Deloitte’s consulting strategy service lines and operate under the Monitor Deloitte brand, resulting in a new global presence that will redefine our industry.
Fully integrated with Deloitte’s existing professional services, Monitor Deloitte will be co-led by partners Chris Lynch and Jonathan Goodman after the global acquisition is complete.
“My colleagues and I are very enthusiastic about this combination. Our aim, together, is to make a lasting positive impact on our clients and employees — and by extension, the country,” said Jonathan Goodman, Monitor Deloitte Co-Leader and former head of Monitor’s Global Strategy Practice. Jonathan was also Co-Chairman of Monitor Canada.
“Our combined expertise enables us to provide our clients with the insights, unconventional thinking and strategy development to help them get ahead. What’s more, we bring those strategies to life,” said Chris Lynch, Monitor Deloitte Co-Leader and Deloitte Partner.”
In Canada, Deloitte acquired the complete business of Monitor as part of a share purchase included in this global acquisition.
“We are delighted to welcome Monitor’s leadership team and talented professionals to Deloitte. Our clients will benefit tremendously from Deloitte and Monitor coming together,” said Frank Vettese, Managing Partner and Chief Executive at Deloitte. “The combined strength and differentiated capabilities of this team will elevate the breadth and depth of the value proposition we deliver and provide the Canadian market with access to customized strategy services from the base of an unparalleled global network.”