- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Making an Impact
November 23, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Over 17,000 Deloitte employees will take to the streets on November 23, 2012 spanning 9 cities, aimed at touching and contributing to lakhs of people. Commenting on Impact Day – Hari Kumar, Principal, Deloitte LLP, USA said
“It is an opportunity for Deloitte’s people to put their passion, determination, and skills to use for the benefit of their communities. In the first year of this initiative in 2003, Deloitte started with 600 volunteers who reached out to and touched the lives of 5000 people. Ten years later, Deloitte has over 17000 professionals across nine cities devoting time and energy to impact over 2,40, 000 people. We have come a long way and still have a long journey before us.”
Over the last 10 years, around 40 percent of Deloitte’s overall community involvement effort has been dedicated towards the betterment of education in the country. Through Impact Day’s continuous education initiatives, Deloitte professionals have helped underprivileged students learn vocational skills that make them more employable and help in deciding the right career path.
Deloitte has been featured in the Limca Book of Records since the 2007 edition for the maximum number of community hours delivered in a single day.
Working in over 432 projects, professionals at all levels in Deloitte will be involved in various aspects of education, health care, sanitation, environment, sensitization camps, refurbishing orphanages, cleaning archeological sites and monuments, besides many other programmes that they have associated themselves with. They provide skills-based volunteering and a helping hand to hundreds of NGOs where they share their knowledge and expertise.