- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Deloitte: Media & Entertainment in East India
January 8, 2013
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Evolution in audience preference, experimentation with new content formats and a push towards digital technology has marked a revolution in the rich East M&E industry; says the FICCI- Deloitte MEBC-East 2012 report. Be it magazines, newspapers, radio, TV or films; every genre in the West Bengal M&E industry has witnessed a positive change.
Readers are increasingly becoming more discerning and benchmarking vernacular dailies against English dailies not just in content but also in newsprint and presentation. Going forward, it is expected that the print will continue to grow in West Bengal as newer readers emerge as well as a diaspora that can be reached better online.
Driven by increased differentiation in terms of product format and category, Radio, with its old world charm is expected to penetrate into more cities and towns in West Bengal. Growing at a CAGR of approximately 20 per cent, it is expected to double its present size by 2016. The Bengali Film industry too has seen lot developments in the past decade. The industry has exhibited growth, both in terms of the number of films being made/ certified (jumped to a 12 per cent in 2011) and the investments made in producing these movies.