- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
Deloitte: New Central Texas Managing Partner
November 22, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Deloitte, the largest professional services organization in the United States, has appointed Kathleen Farlow managing partner of its Central Texas region, which includes Austin and San Antonio. Farlow joined Deloitte more than 29 years ago and continues to serve as lead tax partner for several clients and high net-worth individuals. In addition to her client service roles, she is currently the Partner Matters national partner for Deloitte Tax LLP as well as the lead relationship partner for The University of Texas at Austin, which includes serving on the dean of the McCombs School of Business’ Advisory Council and the UT Accounting Department Advisory Council.
Farlow is devoted to Deloitte’s community involvement strategy and plays a key role in delivering business value to local nonprofits through skills-based volunteering and pro bono initiatives. She is active in the United Way as a member of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society.
Farlow holds a master’s degree in professional accounting and tax from The University of Texas at Austin and a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Texas A&M University at College Station.
Anne Taylor, vice chairman and Mid-America regional managing principal, Deloitte LLP commented:
“Under Amy’s leadership, the Central Texas practice has doubled in size over the past several years, and I’m excited about the future and what Kathleen will bring to this role,”she said. “I am confident that her intense focus on matching client needs with Deloitte’s extensive breadth of services will leverage further growth in Central Texas. Kathleen also brings a commitment to quality and a passion for developing our people that will serve her well as she leads our practice.”