- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
- 5 things you must do to win your first client.
Deloitte: Report challenges manufacturers
December 29, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The Advanced Materials Systems (AMS) approach calls upon manufacturers to boldly rethink value creation and the means of achieving it, to revisit innovation, and forge new frontiers of opportunity, according to Reigniting growth: Advanced Materials Systems, a report released recently from Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited’s (DTTL) Global Manufacturing Industry group. Additionally, the report concludes that companies have the opportunity to develop targeted functional solutions, enabled by materials and process technologies, to create and capture value in a complex, evolving landscape.
“Manufacturing companies are looking for new methods of innovation and approaches to limit cycle time for new products,” says Tim Hanley, DTTL Global Manufacturing Leader. “The AMS approach enables ‘liquid and solids’ companies to reengineer their business in a more favorable and profitable way to serve the global market as systems integrators. Many leading manufacturing companies are already benefiting from AMS by incorporating important properties into already discovered and available materials to create functional solutions that address global trends.”
According to the report, AMS also calls upon manufacturers to build out and expand beyond the traditional mind-sets of product development, partnering, and business models. The report suggests that substantial market share stands to be captured across numerous segments by companies willing to transcend and venture beyond conventional paradigms.