- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Grant Thornton: New Dominican Republic Firm
December 5, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Grant Thornton has announced the appointment of a new member firm in the Dominican Republic, called Barreto & Associates LLC. Appointed on 1 November 2012, the firm will trade as Grant Thornton Dominicana and replaces the former member firm which left the global organisation in August.
Ed Nusbaum, global CEO, Grant Thornton, said, “I am delighted to welcome Carlos and his team to the global organisation. The firm’s goals are closely aligned with our ambition and I am confident that they will play an important role in the region in the years to come.”
Grant Thornton Dominicana, employs 35 people and is led by Carlos Barreto, managing partner, along with three directors. A large part of the firm’s revenues come from advisory work but there are plans to build audit and tax capabilities with the help of Grant Thornton in Puerto Rico. Carlos Barreto has grown the business by leveraging his strong professional reputation with leading industrial groups in the country, with multinational clients as their key target.