- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
Grant Thornton: New firm in the Dominican Republic
December 31, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Grant Thornton has announced the appointment of a new member firm in the Dominican Republic, called Barreto & Associates LLC. Appointed on 1 November 2012, the firm will trade as Grant Thornton Dominicana and replaces the former member firm which left the global organisation in August.
Ed Nusbaum, global CEO, Grant Thornton, said, “I am delighted to welcome Carlos and his team to the global organisation. The firm’s goals are closely aligned with our ambition and I am confident that they will play an important role in the region in the years to come.”
Grant Thornton Dominicana, employs 35 people and is led by Carlos Barreto, managing partner, along with three directors. A large part of the firm’s revenues come from advisory work but there are plans to build audit and tax capabilities with the help of Grant Thornton in Puerto Rico. Carlos Barreto has grown the business by leveraging his strong professional reputation with leading industrial groups in the country, with multinational clients as their key target.