By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Grant Thornton today announced record combined global revenues of US$4.2 billion driven by 10.4% growth in US dollars (18.8% in Euros, €3.2 billion) and 13.2% in local currency for the year ended 30 September 2012. Grant Thornton led the six largest global accounting organisations in reported revenue growth rate for 2012.
- Workforce grew by more than 14% to 35,809 people in 124 countries.
Service line growth
- Growth was strong across all key service lines, with assurance growing 11% to US$1.9 billion, tax growing 9% to US$0.9 billion and advisory growing 18% to US$1.1 billion.
Regional revenue growth
- Asia Pacific reported revenue growth of 33% to US$579m, boosted by significant M&A activity in Australia and China. India reported strong organic growth of 25%.
- Latin America reported revenue growth of 20% (26% in local currency), to US$146 million. Brazil reported 38% growth.
- North America growth was 7% (8% in local currency), with revenues of US$1.77 billion.
- European revenues grew 8% (13% in local currency) to US$1.58 billion, with Austria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, and Poland, all reporting growth of 20% or more. Grant Thornton UK reported 13% growth.
- Middle East revenues increased 18% to US$30 million.
Ed Nusbaum, CEO, Grant Thornton International Ltd. commented:
“While we are proud of this accomplishment, I know our people will say the true measure of our success is how well we served our clients,” he said. “By this measure, I am confident in saying it was a very good year and something we will build upon. Our continued ambition going into 2013 is to be recognised as the leading provider of high quality, professional services to dynamic organisations, helping them unlock their potential for growth.”