Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
The Division of Corporation Finance of the Securities and Exchange Commission is seeking multiple experienced Auditors/Accountants to work in its disclosure review program in our Washington, DC headquarters. The Division’s mission is to ensure that investors have access to material information in order to make informed investment decisions both when a company initially offers securities to the public and on a regular basis as it continues to provide information to the market.
Please apply via our website: http://www.sec.gov/jobs/ohr/job655945.html
The Auditor/Accountant will:
- Review program review disclosures made in initial public offerings and by public companies in securities offerings, annual, quarterly and current reports
- Work directly with corporate officers, underwriters, public accounting firms and counsel, and other Division and Commission staff members
- Identify and resolve complex accounting and reporting issues facing public companies
- Evaluate the disclosure implications of complex financing and business transactions; applying the relevant federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in reviewing financial-related disclosure filed with the Commission that is outside of the financial statements.
The Ideal Candidate
- MUST be a US citizen and have significant experience providing the most up-to-date technical guidance related to GAAP and federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations generally accepted accounting principles and the related federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in preparing or reviewing the financial statements of public companies that are provided in disclosure documents filed with the Commission.
- Will have experience evaluating the disclosure implications of complex financing and business transactions; applying the relevant federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations in reviewing financial-related disclosure filed with the Commission that is outside of the financial statements.
- Will have experience providing technical assistance to public companies on the form and content requirements of financial statements and financial-related information included in public company filings, to include applying GAAP and the related federal securities laws, Commission rules and regulations that have been in effect in the last five years.
- Will possess a valid CPA
Several of the positions we are looking to fill will be in our Office of Financial Services II. For those positions, applicants with recent experience as described above working with large public financial institutions and other public firms in the financial or banking sector are preferred. Active CPA license is also highly preferred.
The mission of the SEC is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facility capital formation. We seek high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork and commitment to excellence. The SEC offers challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package.
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth