Oil and Gas Industry Expert Fellow
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Oil and Gas Industry Expert Fellow
The mission of the SEC is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facility capital formation. We seek high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork and commitment to excellence. The SEC offers challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package.
The Oil and Gas Industry Fellow will:
- Serve as an oil & gas expert as a member of an enforcement team. Provide expert advice and counsel and serve as primary consultant to enforcement staff on oil & gas related issues, including in the areas of proved reserves estimation and reporting, financial statement disclosures, oil & gas development plans, internal controls related to oil & gas activities, production forecasts, profitability and cost analysis, management of oil & gas related assets, and typical exploration, drilling, production and/or transportation operations. Identify areas involving the oil & gas industry that merit special evaluation by the SEC. Provide authoritative analysis and guidance based on oil & gas industry expertise. Plan, organize, and carry through to completion, analytical studies of a breadth and intensity requiring oil & gas industry expertise. Create and direct the production of workable solutions involved in the analysis of data.
- Assist in designing and executing market surveillance activities relating to the oil & gas industry, including identification of industry trends and practices that may indicate potential violations of the federal securities laws. Interact with other divisions and offices in the SEC regarding developments affecting the oil & gas industry.
- Develop and maintain expertise, insights and understanding of developments in the oil & gas industry, especially in the areas of proved reserves estimation and reporting, financial statement disclosures, oil & gas development plans, internal controls related to oil & gas activities, production forecasts, profitability and cost analysis, management of oil & gas related assets, and typical exploration, drilling, production and/or transportation operations. Develop and maintain familiarity with the business practices of firms in the oil & gas industry, and the intermediaries, agents, consultants and counterparties involved with the oil & gas industry.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor providing support to enforcement staff in carrying out high-level, high-visibility and sensitive assignments frequently requiring immediate action, and in developing and conducting communications with securities officials both within and outside the SEC. Serve as a national resource for enforcement staff in the oil & gas area.
- Review documents, schedules, working papers, and narrative materials; conduct analysis; develop findings; and formulate conclusions about compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. Prepare authoritative written reports, including evaluative commentaries regarding oil & gas industry issues.
- Participate in legal matters (including enforcement investigations and litigations) on issues relevant to oil& gas related investment offerings and public reporting by oil & gas companies.
The FWRO seeks to hire an oil & gas industry expert with demonstrated expertise in the public reporting, operations, management, and/or governance of the oil & gas industry, including both public and private companies.
- Ideal candidates should have significant experience and knowledge of a broad range of activities in the oil & gas industry and should have the capability to use that expertise to identify actual or potential violations of the federal securities laws.
- Candidates whose skill set includes petroleum engineering, resource analysis, or professional investment analysis of the oil & gas industry, or who have served as petroleum engineers, geologists, investment analysts responsible for the energy industry, directors, officers or senior employees of publicly traded or large private companies in the oil & gas industry, are encouraged to apply.
While U.S. citizenship is generally required, certain situations may allow for non-U.S. citizens to be employed (such as persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B)). For information on employment eligibility for non-U.S. citizens, see http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/508/NonCitizensEmployment#icc. Positions are contingent upon all candidates passing a background check.
TERMS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Fellows are appointed for a two-year term that is renewable up to a maximum of four years in total.
Fellows are compensated according to qualifications on the SK scale. The salary range is $119,370 - $195,231 . Final compensation will be determined based upon experience and location of position. Fellows receive benefits as if they were permanent government employees. There is no allowance for moving expenses for Fellows.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for any of these positions, please submit a packet to FWROJobs@sec.gov .
Please include your name and “Oil and Gas Industry Fellow Application Packet” in the subject line. The packet must include:
- a resume or vitae,
- a brief cover letter indicating:
- reason for seeking the position
- your country of citizenship or your immigration status
This position will remain open until August 15, 2012. Applications will be reviewed in 2 week intervals and a selection for hire can be considered at this time and cancel the position. The first review date is June 25, 2012 and the second will occur at the close of the position.
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Portfolio Analyst, Valuation Confidential
- Sr. Rates and Regulatory Consultant PowerPlan, Inc.