Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Genworth Financial Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading insurance holding company, serving the lifestyle protection, retirement income, investment and mortgage insurance needs of more than 15 million customers, with operations in 24 countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, the U.K. and more than a dozen other European countries.
Genworth Financial Wealth Management, Inc. (“GFWM”), a registered investment advisor and wholly- owned subsidiary of Genworth Financial, is an investment management and consulting firm dedicated to helping advisors build great businesses. GFWM serves as investment advisor to 3 proprietary mutual fund families: AssetMark Funds, Genworth Variable Insurance Trust and Genworth Financial Asset Management Contra Fund.
• Prepare the organization to reconfigure systems, redesign tax forms, create customer communications, and build processes to comply with tax law changes
• Develop, recommend, implement and maintain tax policies and procedures
• Oversee the year-end tax reporting process (including 1099 Forms for taxable accounts, 1099R, 5498, and State & Federal Withholding IRA reporting).
• Manage the IRS filing process
• Assist in designing, implementing and continually improving systems and procedures to facilitate pro-active identification and resolution of tax issues
• Responsible for creating audit structure and assisting where necessary for validating account information and accounting calculations as it relates to preparation of tax reports (wash sale processing, return of capital, qualified dividends)
• Benchmark competitor best practices for tax reporting and provide technical tax expertise in planning and development of systems supporting tax calculations and reporting
• Support service teams with customer tax-related inquiries
• Work closely with internal and outside service providers to execute tax process e.g., legal, compliance, custody operations, technology, and print vendors
• Drive the development, creation and execution of internal and external communications to explain upcoming Tax Reporting events and mailings
• 5+ Years Tax Reporting Experience
• Proficient in the taxation of various financial instruments including mutual funds, ETFs and fixed income securities.
• Strong understanding of reporting requirements for shareholder tax reporting, e.g., Forms 1099-R, 5498, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, SIMPLE IRA Notices
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
• Must be able to work effectively in a challenging, fast-paced and complex environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently and resolving issues that impact the organization
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to create and deliver clear and concise communication/analysis to non-tax personnel
• Strong leadership skills. Ability to influence strategies by describing expectations, and goals in a way that provides clarity and excites interest
• PC literacy with a strong knowledge of MS Office products. The ability to quickly master other related business system
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Portfolio Analyst, Valuation Confidential
- Sr. Rates and Regulatory Consultant PowerPlan, Inc.
- Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas Clients) PowerPlan, Inc. Houston