Accounting Consolidation Supervisor
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
This position is responsible for supervising the close cycle, timely and accurate consolidations, and preparation of financial statements used by management and for preparing external reporting. Position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager and supervises various accounting staff positions.
- Supervises consolidation of multi-national subsidiary financial statements, including process for translation, review, and adjustment of sub packages; reconciliations of intercompany AR & AP, loans, and equity; eliminations and adjusting entries; flow-through profit analysis; account reconciliations and account analyses.
- Prepares date for asset impairment testing.
- Prepares disclosures for SEC filings.
- Coordinates process for implementing XBRL reporting.
- Researches reporting issues in authoritative accounting literature
- Reviews subsidiary financial reporting processes to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Assist analysis, recording, and disclosures of purchase price accounting for acquisitions.
- Supports SOX compliance and testing.
- Supervises or prepares internal management reporting.
- Supervises or prepares analyses for leases and contingent liabilities to ensure appropriate accounting treatment, recognition, and disclosure.
- Supervises workflow to ensure efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assists financial planning and analysis, tax, and treasury functions as needed to ensure timely, cross-functional exchange of information.
- Supervises various accounting staff positions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
- Bachelors degree in accounting and CPA. Masters in accountancy is a plus.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience in senior level audit engagements for large, public mullet-national clients; otherwise, five to seven years corporate accounting experience with increasing control responsibility at a multi-national, publicly-listed manufacturing company.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong process management skills with ability to meet deadlines consistently in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet reporting objectives successfully.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Strong skills required for communication, writing, and using Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of financial data consolidation software (BPC) is a plus
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth