VP, Management Assurance & Advisory Services
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Our client is a major, growing, $2 billion, Seattle-based holding company for five groups consisting of 20 domestic and international operating companies in the transportation and services industry.
The Vice President of Management Assurance and Advisory Services will report directly to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Management Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors and administratively to the Chairman of the Board. This person will be a key member of the Company’s senior staff, and will work closely with the Chair of the Audit & Risk Management Committee to assess the adequacy of the Company’s internal controls and the processes for identifying and managing business risk.
- Partner with the legal and compliance organization on the development of a company-wide enterprise risk management program.
- Develop and execute a risk-based audit plan for the Company and its subsidiaries, including tracking audit findings through to remediation. Many audits will have an IT component; IT audit experience is desired.
- Develop strong relationships with operating company management, teaching them how to think about identifying and mitigating risks in their environment.
- Provide assistance in the annual audit performed by the external auditors.
- Periodically report to the Audit and Risk Management Committee and the Board of Directors on internal audit activities, significant risk exposures and internal control issues.
- Assist in acquisition due diligence by directing the efforts of the internal audit team to conduct financial and control reviews of potential target companies.
- At the direction of the General Counsel, perform targeted audits for evidence of compliance with anti-trust, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and corporate ethics policies. Forensics audit work is also required.
- Partner with the legal and compliance organization on the investigation of whistleblower complaints, security issues and other matters.
- Implement best in class practices to the Management Assurance & Advisory Services function relative to risk assessment, audit process development, elements of SOX, and the use of automated audit tools.
The candidate will have a proven background in internal audit processes, including experience in serving, staffing and reporting to the audit committee. In addition, this individual will be responsible for establishing an internal audit department at the Company from the ground up, including establishing the administrative framework for the department, determining resource needs and hiring staff. The ability to collaborate with colleagues and the businesses and lead and participate in teams is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience. MBA is a plus.
- CPA or equivalent experience, with previous internal audit and operational finance experience in complex public or large private companies required. IT audit experience very helpful.
- Experienced internal audit leader who enjoys hands-on involvement in planning and executing reviews and in developing a durable internal audit methodology suitable for a growing entrepreneurial company.
- Experience conforming to the Institute for Internal Auditors Professional Standards Framework.
- Superior leadership, technical audit, project management, mentoring and communication skills.
- The job will require 25-50% travel. Current operations include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the continental United States.
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Portfolio Analyst, Valuation Confidential