Senior Tax Manager, Vice President
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
This is an exciting ground floor opportunity to lead and develop a new business group within State Street Kansas City. The Tax Manager, Vice President provides technical tax advice to client companies and staff. This individual works with other departments within Global Investor Services in the development of new business and maintenance of the existing client base.
- Act as a technical resource for the Tax Department.
- Manage operations of the entire tax group.
- Acts as a liaison between State Street Bank and the client and works with external audit firms and regulatory agencies.Responsible for training and development of staff.
- Responsible for assisting in development of department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring changes in the Investment Company Act of 1940. Disseminate information to the tax group.
- Responsible for identification of difficult issues and effective resolution.
- Responsible for tax disclosures contained in the audited financial statements.
- Responsible for developing proposals and assisting in the sale of Fund and Tax Administration services to existing State Street clients.
- Manage relationships with clients with the goal of renewing ongoing and bringing in additional business.Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Provide expert tax code definition and advice to internal staff and client organizations.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate managers and staff.
- Resolve employee complaints. Evaluate subordinate managerial performance.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience. CPA, MST or MBA preferred.
- At least 8 years of related senior management experience, preferably in a public accounting or audit firm or within a financial services organization.
- Expert knowledge of tax accounting laws and procedures applicable to investment companies or partnerships.
- Proven ability to develop solid business relationships within and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated negotiation, managerial, and leadership skills.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager 8020 Consulting Burbank
- Private Equity Portfolio Valuation, Senior Associate Confidential
- Financial Analyst - Decision Support Altria Richmond
- Financial Analyst - Accounting & Reporting Altria Richmond
- Auditor Altria Richmond
- Vice Chancellor for Finance University of North Texas System Dallas
- Director EMF Architecture 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago