Senior Tax Accountant
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Works with a team of nearly 20 Staff, Seniors, Managers, and Tax Directors to prepare quarterly and annual tax provisions. The qualified candidate should be familiar with FAS 109, APB 28, and FIN 48 concepts, and have a strong understanding of book/tax differences.
-Works with the other members of the tax department to determine appropriate journal entries and maintain and reconcile tax accounts.Works with the other members of the tax department to prepare the Caesars’ Federal and state income tax returns.
-The qualified candidate should be familiar with the consolidated income tax regulations/procedures and have experience filing consolidated, federal corporate income tax returns.
-Works with the other members of the tax department to prepare all other tax filings, including extensions, estimated tax payments, and state income/franchise tax returns (in both separate filing and unitary states).
-Prepares or oversees the preparation of the state allocation and apportionment computations.Supports the Tax Manager on research and planning projects.Interfaces with the general ledger system to extract information relevant to tax analysis. -
-Experience with Infinium/AS400 is a significant plus.Must be proficient with one or more tax return preparation software systems (OneSource, CORPTax, VantageTax, etc.) and have experience E-filing corporate tax returns.
-Thinks critically about corporate events (e.g. acquisitions, dispositions, entity creation/liquidation) and other issues identified by the tax department and contributes to the analysis, research, and documentation (through file memoranda) of tax issues and their resolution.
-Confident in ability to make decisions as to the appropriate tax treatment of federal and state tax items and clearly communicate to the Tax Managers or Directors for review/discussion.Prepares (and leads Staff in preparing) organized and effective tax workpapers and workpaper files for federal and state income tax issues and special projects.
-Works with Staff and other Seniors to ensure that the general ledger files for all legal entities are imported into the tax return software and that all accounts are properly coded.
-Works with the other members of the tax department (in conjunction with the legal department, corporate accounting, etc.) to maintain a list of all legal entities, dates of incorporation/organization, FEINs, and other relevant information.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to work in team environment.
- Desire to work and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Three or more years of tax compliance and/or tax provision experience.
- A CPA or a Masters Degree in Taxation (or working towards one of these) is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good command of accounting and tax issue.
- Experience with CCH, LEXIS-NEXIS, and/or BNA research tools preferred.
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest casino entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada more than 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now owns or manages casino resorts on four continents The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names; Caesars also owns the London Clubs International family of casinos and the World Series of Poker.
Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. We concentrate on building loyalty and value for our customers, employees, business partners, and communities by being the most service-oriented, technology-driven, geographically-diversified company in gaming.
At Caesars Entertainment, over 70,000 employees each make a unique contribution to your experiences, and to our ultimate success. From nurturing a sense of team with co-workers, to improving the quality of life in their communities, Caesars sets the standard of excellence in the gaming industry with employees who are devoted to delivering truly great service. Our employees are critical to our success.
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Portfolio Analyst, Valuation Confidential
- Sr. Rates and Regulatory Consultant PowerPlan, Inc.
- Business Development Manager (Oil & Gas Clients) PowerPlan, Inc. Houston