State & Local Tax Senior or Supervisor Job
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
McGladrey is looking for a Tax Senior to join our SALT practice in our Los Angeles or Irvine office.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of profitable SALT services to our clients that appropriately utilize firm and client resources
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Handle tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Review memoranda on state and local tax issues for corporations, partnerships and LLCs.
- Prepare ruling requests and respond to state and local tax audits.
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies which include preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing clients at administrative appeals andappeal meetings and preparing written protests.
- Practice development activities focused on forming strong relationships with client and governmental personnel and working to resolve complex state and local tax issues
- Proactive identification and presentation of multistate tax opportunities to internal and external clients.
- Develop specialized SALT knowledge as a firm expert within the Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution, Health Care and Not-For-Profit industries
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients.
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
- In depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- 3-5 years of current or recent experience in public accounting, state department of revenue, law firm or corporate tax department.
- Tax compliance experience/background a plus.
- CPA Certification or CMI
- Masters of Taxation, MBA or JD
McGladrey & Pullen, LLP operates under the McGladrey brand as the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey & Pullen is a licensed CPA firm, and is a member of RSM International, the sixth largest global network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms. For more information, visit www.mcgladrey.com, follow our Careers Blog, like our Facebook Careers page, follow us on Twitter, and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Location Street Address: 515 South Flower Street, Forty-first floor
City: Los Angeles
Region: West Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: SWMC8980
McGladrey LLP is the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm.
It is the U.S. member of RSM International (“RSMI”), the sixth largest network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms worldwide, with offices in more than 85 countries and more than 32,000 people to serve clients’ business needs. The member firms of RSMI collaborate to provide services to global clients, but are separate and distinct legal entities which cannot obligate each other. Each member firm is responsible only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of any other party.
Our practice areas include:
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager 8020 Consulting Burbank
- Private Equity Portfolio Valuation, Senior Associate Confidential
- Financial Analyst - Decision Support Altria Richmond
- Financial Analyst - Accounting & Reporting Altria Richmond
- Auditor Altria Richmond
- Vice Chancellor for Finance University of North Texas System Dallas
- Director EMF Architecture 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago