Tax - Manager - Federal Tax Job
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
McGladrey, one of the nation's leading business consulting and tax firms, has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and self-directed Tax Manager to work in our Springfield, IL location.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, supervise and review work of team staff members, and work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners.
- Manage the entire tax services cycle, including:
o planning and coordinating the flow of information with the client,
o preparing complex tax returns,
o supervising staff,
o reviewing work papers and tax returns,
o reviewing tax provisions on audit and review engagements,
o researching and resolving technical issues,
- Manage additional tax-related projects to provide a full range of tax services to the Firm''s clients.
- Guide and assist in the professional development of staff members.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of tax laws and regulations, and keep current on new developments.
- Recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients.
- Market technical specialty or expertise to clients.
- Perform tax planning and research, resolving complex tax issues and giving recommendations to clients.
- Conduct internal training courses or seminars.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients, and developing good relationships through personal attention, timeliness of service, and good tax-saving advice.
- CPA required
- Must have 4-8 continuous years of recent public accounting experience.
- Prior experience with preparing tax returns for both C-Corporations and S-corporations, with an understanding of Schedule M-3.
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. By understanding what's important to you, we will create meaningful experiences that build upon your already rewarding career. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Learn why a career at McGladrey is the right decision for you. Set custom alerts through the McGladrey Talent Community to stay informed of job opportunities related to your interests.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.℠
McGladrey & Pullen, LLP operates under the McGladrey brand as the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey & Pullen is a licensed CPA firm, and is a member of RSM International, the sixth largest global network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms. For more information, visit www.mcgladrey.com, follow our Careers Blog, like our Facebook Careers page, follow us on Twitter, and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Location Street Address: 15 S. Old State Capitol Plaza, Ste. 200. PO Box 159
Region: Great Lakes Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: GLMC8985
McGladrey LLP is the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm.
It is the U.S. member of RSM International (“RSMI”), the sixth largest network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms worldwide, with offices in more than 85 countries and more than 32,000 people to serve clients’ business needs. The member firms of RSMI collaborate to provide services to global clients, but are separate and distinct legal entities which cannot obligate each other. Each member firm is responsible only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of any other party.
Our practice areas include:
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager 8020 Consulting Burbank
- Vice Chancellor for Finance University of North Texas System Dallas
- Director EMF Architecture 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles