Tax - Manager - State and Local Tax - Sales & Use Job
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
As part of the SALT team, the Manager will be responsible for providing and overseeing quality state and local tax services for the Firm's clients.
The Sales and Use Tax Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Integrate state and local tax services with existing clients and support new client business development efforts, with a focus on building the service offering
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Provide advice that enables client to increase shareholder value
- Deliver profitable services that appropriately utilize Firm and client resources
- Act with respect and dignity in interactions inside and outside the Firm
- Keep abreast of changes in industry regulations
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell various SALT opportunities
The ideal candidate will have technical experience with a professional services firm, plus strong expertise in project management
Minimum of 6 years experience providing sales and use tax consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm
A proven record of maintaining client relationships with business owners, tax directors, or CFOs
A Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or law degree, or closely related field
Ability to travel within assigned geographical area-
CPA or law degree
Masters of Taxation, MBA, or LLM in Taxation
CPA or other sales/use tax (CMI) certification
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. By understanding what's important to you, we will create meaningful experiences that build upon your already rewarding career. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Learn why a career at McGladrey is the right decision for you. Set custom alerts through the McGladrey Talent Community to stay informed of job opportunities related to your interests.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.℠
McGladrey & Pullen, LLP operates under the McGladrey brand as the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey & Pullen is a licensed CPA firm, and is a member of RSM International, the sixth largest global network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms. For more information, visit www.mcgladrey.com, follow our Careers Blog, like our Facebook Careers page, follow us on Twitter, and/or connect with us on LinkedIn.
Location Street Address: One South Wacker Drive, Ste. 800
Region: Great Lakes Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: GLMC8654
McGladrey LLP is the fifth largest U.S. provider of assurance, tax and consulting services, with nearly 6,500 professionals and associates in more than 70 offices nationwide. McGladrey is a licensed CPA firm.
It is the U.S. member of RSM International (“RSMI”), the sixth largest network of independent accounting, tax and consulting firms worldwide, with offices in more than 85 countries and more than 32,000 people to serve clients’ business needs. The member firms of RSMI collaborate to provide services to global clients, but are separate and distinct legal entities which cannot obligate each other. Each member firm is responsible only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of any other party.
Our practice areas include:
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth