Director, Application Development - Digital Innovation Lab Job
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Location: Clarendon, VA
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you get excited scaling web and mobile applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
With our acquisition of ING Direct, we are transforming everything we do as a digital bank. We are aggressively changing our business model from that of a traditional bank to a mobile first business model. As we work to integrate the country's largest digital bank, we also want to change the way financial services occurs in the digital space. Most industries that sell a fundamentally information product have been deeply disrupted by digital technology. Banking is ripe for this disruption. However, due to the regulatory environment, this disruption is unlikely to come from outside the industry and more likely from within. Capital One is a founder led company with a history as a challenger brand and disrupter in the Financial Services Industry. If disruption is going to occur, we are the ones that are going to do it. We are looking for a Director for our Digital Innovation Lab to help lead this disruption from an Engineering perspective.
This is an opportunity to lead application/software engineering for our mobile, social and online properties as we drive to become the # 1 Online Bank in the US. In this capacity, the ideal candidate will be responsible for leading, managing, mentoring, and building an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver a game changing customer experience across all customer touch points. He/she must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that what we build compelling, customer oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading software for millions of customers.
- Manage application/software development to deliver technology prototypes in support of business assessment
- Manage a broad portfolio of diverse technology projects to provide web, mobile, and integration solutions
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 Years experience with object-oriented programming and design, including Java
- 5 Years experience in developing web applications, architectural standards and SOA technologies
- 2 years experience in agile development and methodologies (i.e. scrum master)
- Experience building consumer-facing web and mobile software solutions at scale
- Deep mobile expertise developing on the Apple iOS and/or Google Android platforms
- Experience with API, and SDK development
- Experience with rapid prototyping and interface design testing
- Passion for any, all or some of the following technologies: Java, Ruby, Python, Scala, HTML5,
LAMP STACK, and in general web development technologies
- Experience with standard development languages and environments, like .Net, C/C++,
Objective C, Java, SQL Server Windows, and Linux. Desktop development and experience
building quick prototypes and test applications preferred
- Strong engineering and technology background - ability to go deep into the technology
- Must have deep technical credibility with engineering org, and ability to recruit top engineers
- Passion: bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Entrepreneurial: Flexible, resourceful, figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Communicator: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with superiors, peers and staff
- Achiever: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Curiosity: hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style
- Bold: history of taking wise risks and leading
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-McLean-Fairfax Co-McLean (12091)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Capital One®, we put our vision of innovation in everything we do - from the products and services we offer to how we support our associates. The people who join Capital One are talented, motivated, and ready to make a difference. Combining those abilities with our resources, we can expect to do great things together.
Join Our Talent Community
Stay connected by joining our network! Enter your email and tell us a bit about yourself, and we'll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth