Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
The Securities and Exchange Commission is seeking an Accountant for our Office of Enforcement in Atlanta, GA
The Staff Accountant (Enforcement) responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice to legal staff on complex and difficult accounting and auditing matters;
- Identify, prepare requests for and review relevant documents to be obtained for investigations
- Participate in taking investigative testimony
- Assist in preparing memoranda summarizing and evaluating the conduct investigated
- Prepare and oversee preparation of calculations and analyses
- Present and defend findings in litigated matters.
EDUCATION: Generally, applicants must possess a degree in accounting/auditing or related field that included 24 semester hours in accounting (6 hours may be in business law); or, a combination of education and experience. The specific requirements are listed in the assessment questionnaire which is part of the application.
SK-14: You MUST be a US Citizen with at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS/SK-13 level providing technical advice and accounting support in the areas of financial analysis and accounting principles and standards to include analyzing complex financial records. Applicant must be thoroughly familiar with generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS); Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); experience as a forensic accountant in connection with the federal securities laws or with complex financial transactions. This may include work on complex issues arising from new or unique situations; experience in determining the appropriate resolution of accounting and disclosure issues; work with attorneys on litigation, regulatory or corporate investigations or audits; and experience applying analytical methods and techniques, including analytical software.
The mission of the SEC is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. We seek high-caliber professionals who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork and commitment to excellence. The SEC offers challenging work in a collegial environment, while enjoying quality of life and a competitive compensation package.
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Portfolio Analyst, Valuation Confidential