Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is seeking an Accountant for the Office of the Chief Accountant, in Washington, DC.
The Accounting group works closely with domestic private-sector accounting bodies such as the Financial Accounting Standards Board. Registrants, auditors, as well as the Divisions of Corporation Finance, Enforcement and Investment Management regularly consult with the group regarding the application of accounting standards and financial disclosure requirements.
The Professional Practice group works closely with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board to develop auditing policies and procedures that promote the development of reliable financial reporting information. This group also manages the resolution of auditor and preparer independence and ethical matters that have been brought to the attention of the Commission.
The International Affairs group works with the Accounting and the Professional Practice groups and international accounting, auditing, and regulatory organizations that share similar financial reporting objectives as the Commission.
As a Staff Accountant in the Office of the Chief Accountant (OCA), your responsibilities will include focusing on performing functions within OCA’s Professional Practice Group (PPG) and will be analyzing technical and complex auditing, accounting and auditor independence matters. Position responsibilities include:
- Participating in PPG’s oversight activities of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s (PCAOB) standard setting and rulemaking process, studying and evaluating auditing, quality control, and other standards or rules proposed by the PCAOB and auditor independence rules of the Commission
- Monitoring new developments in auditing and auditor independence proposed by other professional and regulatory bodies in the U.S. and in the International context (e.g. International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants, AICPA’s Auditing Standards Board, International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board)participating in consultations with accountants and issuers to determine if the SEC’s auditor independence rules have been applied in accordance with the Commission’s rules, as well as support any efforts for development or maintenance of any staff guidance that apply to the auditor independence rules
- Assisting in the evaluation of information related to enforcement cases against issuers and accountants;advise other Offices and Divisions of the Commission, including those that oversee broker-dealers and investment advisers, concerning auditing and auditor independence matters
- Recommending policy, courses of action, and technical advice to the Deputy Chief Accountant and Chief Accountant regarding proposed auditing and independence standards, and how those standards may be implemented, and other related matters
You must be a U.S. Citizen.
Qualified candidates have one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS/SK-13; this experience includes performing and supervising audits in accordance with the standards of the Pubic Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), of financial statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for the purpose of preparing audit reports to be filed with the Commission and includes performing research and analyzing technical and complex accounting, auditing, and financial reporting matters.
Experience that demonstrates the ability to analyze technical and complex accounting and auditing issues.Experience that demonstrates strong knowledge of the standards of the PCAOB, other generally accepted auditing and independence professional standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).Experience that demonstrates skill in dealing with the public, other professionals and officials at all levels, using both oral and written communication.Experience that demonstrates skill in the presentation of comprehensive written reports and presentations on accounting and auditing matters, including providing specific recommendations.
Open date: 08/16/12
Close date: 08/30/12
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager 8020 Consulting Burbank
- Vice Chancellor for Finance University of North Texas System Dallas
- Director EMF Architecture 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles