Tax and Compliance Manager, Finance
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Tax and Compliance Manager, Finance
Bridgewater Associates, LP
We're looking for people who can be the leaders of the company – starting on their very first day.
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Finance Department Overview:
Finance is responsible for implementing Bridgewater’s financial strategy. More specifically, we execute the day-to-day operations (accounts payable,
client billing, payroll, general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, project portfolio management, and shareholder reporting, recording
keeping and calculations); we protect and oversee corporate assets (through internal controls, cash management, and insurance); and we provide
strategic information and synthesis of the financial picture to the Management Committee (financial planning and analysis).
We are currently hiring for a Tax & Compliance Manager to be integral member of our growing Finance Tax and Regulatory team at Bridgewater Associates. This individual will be a key player in the management of Bridgewater’s tax compliance deadlines. The Tax & Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing a complicated, detailed compliance function, in addition to managing the relationships with third party service providers and the daily supervision of the Tax & Regulatory Associate. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, detail orientation and perseverance to drive for results.
Responsibilities would include:
- Managing and reviewing federal, state and local tax compliance and related reporting.
- Managing and review tax accounting.
- Interfacing with third party service providers.
- Gathering financial information and creating work papers for reporting.
- Assisting Senior Management with tax planning and research.
- Documenting tax risks and internal controls.
- Managing federal, state, and local audits.
- Supervising the Tax & Regulatory Associate.
- 7-15 years of experience in a partnership or S Corp structural form.
- Experience with Federal, State, and Local tax.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Juris Doctorate (JD) degree.
- Excellent detail orientation and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Perseverance with ability to push through and drive for results.
- Strong synthesis abilities and excellent communication skills.
- Advanced Excel Skills and in other Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong logic and common sense.
- Deals well with ambiguity; ability to creatively problem solve.
To thrive and succeed within our unique culture and work environment, individuals must demonstrate humility, innate curiosity and openness to new ideas/approaches. Members of our community need to be hard working, confident and goal-oriented. All Bridgewater employees are expected to be honest, exceptionally direct, excited about providing and receiving objective feedback, constantly striving for self-improvement and committed to the pursuit of excellence.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment at Bridgewater is subject to an extensive background check.
Please apply at the below link if interested in this position:
- Senior Financial Reporting Manager 8020 Consulting Burbank
- Vice Chancellor for Finance University of North Texas System Dallas
- Director EMF Architecture 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles