Chief of Staff -Cloud Platform Group
Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Yahoo!s business is driven by technology. This organization provides much of the core technology that powers Yahoo!s experiences world-wide. We are looking for an individual who will partner with the EVP of this area to help organize, execute, align and deliver these core assets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to plan, define, manage, and deliver high visibility programs/projects in a timely manner for the EVP. This person will strategize, plan, and execute initiatives as they relate to CPG across all regions.
As chief of staff, the candidate will be responsible for:
1. Planning: Assist with centralized planning including project, financial and resource planning in collaboration with Finance and HR.
2. Project Management: Handle a number of simultaneous projects, demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive projects to completion and be successful in a collaborative environment. Planning and conducting project kickoff meetings; defining project scope; developing detailed baseline project plans; tracking/managing projects to successful completion; communicating status, issues and risks to project stakeholders; providing leadership to cross-functional project teams, and maintaining project documentation. Must have ability to organize and develop implementation strategy and roadmap for large and complex business and technology initiatives.
3. Operating Rhythms: Create and implement effective, scalable processes to manage operating rhythms such as operating reviews, metrics/analytics, staff meetings, global visits, and operating excellence processes. Will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and customer quality.
4. Operational Alignment: Work closely with all business units and functions to align operations with strategy. Effect results by working through appropriate formal and informal organization channels. Influence executives in the organization.
5. Executive Presentation: Collaborate with other Technology Partners and direct reports to prepare for Executive Technology Ops Reviews, All Hands, and budget proposals.
6. Communication: Partner with Communications to plan and execute key messages and delivery to internal and external audiences. For example: quarterly newsletter, weekly updates, Leaders Meeting presentations, external speeches/talking points, etc.
Basic Job Requirements: In order to be successful, the ideal candidate must be, without a doubt, passionate about our customers, technology and be ruthless about succeeding. This person must work with a sense of urgency, be execution oriented, hyper organized and absolutely rock-solid accountable/dependable.
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills will be critical for success. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with an ability to drive toward problem resolution with senior leaders and with engineers, PMs and other staff.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
Superior Organization skills, results driven
Ability to work well with senior management across organizations. Excellent negotiation/people skills.
Prior business operations/PGM experience (dashboards, planning, metrics, etc).
Manages diverse organizational functions for this very large, complex organization and consults, negotiates and come to resolution with senior management regarding issues, plans, and methodologies with a drive to develop strategies to implement changes and improvements.
Has a thorough knowledge of functional area or products.
Has a strong technical background or a track record of working with and understanding the product development process with a proven ability to work with engineers.
Able to effectively build consensus and execute across a matrixed organization
Must be able to prioritize
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth