Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Olin Chlor Alkali Products has an opening in the Division Finance/Accounting group for an Accountant. The position will be located in Charleston, Tennessee and will be primarily focused on operations accounting activities with a significant number of select assignments designed to provide a broad exposure to the entire Chlor Alkali financial process.
Responsibilities of the position will include performing monthly closing, financial reporting and account reconciliations; analyzing monthly operating costs and budget variances; participating in the monthly estimate and annual budget process; measuring and reporting on certain internal KPI’s; monitoring compliance with company policies and procedures and monitoring and maintaining the data integrity of the accounting systems. This position will also participate in the Sarbanes-Oxley documentation process and assist with special projects as assigned.
BS degree* required; disciplines in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred; MBA preferred.
Minimum of 3 years relevant Accounting work experience required; experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of accounting technical skills including GAAP, FASB, SOX, GL systems and auditing practices required.
Proven experience in Microsoft Office Products is required; SAP experience preferred; ERP systems experience preferred.Public Accounting background, CMA certification, or current CPA certification (or ability to quickly renew) is preferred.
Key competencies include demonstration of analytical abilities, problem-solving skills, organizing abilities, decision quality, perseverance and ability to build organizational and peer relationships (including effective written and verbal communication skills) to drive results in alignment with company goals and objectives.
Must work well in a team environment.Geographic flexibility preferred.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Senior Accountant AECOM Orange
- Consultant/Senior Consultant Korn/Ferry International Chicago
- Manager, Finance - Dreamworks 20th Century Fox Film (001) Los Angeles
- Director, Strategy and Financial Planning Epson America Inc. Long Beach
- Senior Financial Analyst Fox Filmed Entertainment Los Angeles
- Financial Analyst-Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Sr Financial Analyst-IT Internal Audit ConAgra Omaha
- Family Investment Office Accountant Asset Management Stuart
- Research & Development Tax Credit Project Manager SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth
- Cost Segregation Senior Consultant SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth