- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
KPMG: Harley Duncan Recognized
August 9, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Harley Duncan, a State and Local Tax managing director in the firm’s Washington National Tax practice, has been recognized. The Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) and the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT) noted his contributions to the tax industry recently and renamed its annual award for leadership and service in Duncan’s honor.
The IPT presented Duncan with its Special Award at its annual conference in June. Duncan received the award for his contributions to the development of Value-Added Tax (VAT) educational offerings within the Institute, service as Overall Education Chair and Symposium Chair of the Institute’s VAT Symposia, and participation as a speaker and committee member for multiple Institute educational programs through the years.
Brian Stromen, national leader of KPMG LLP’s State and Local Tax practice commented:
“Harley is a highly regarded adviser in the state and local tax community and renowned as a thought leader on a full spectrum of state and local tax issues, including U.S. indirect tax, VAT, state and local sales and income franchise taxes, digital goods and services taxes, and tax in the cloud,”he said. “These recognitions further underscore Harley’s leadership and contributions to the tax community and we’re honored to have him as a member of the KPMG team.”