- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
KPMG: Joshua Huff receives top accounting honour
December 4, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Waterloo, Ontario’s Joshua Huff has been awarded the prestigious Governor General’s Gold Medal for achieving the highest standing in Canada in the 2012 Uniform Evaluation (UFE). Joshua is a graduate of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Business Administration program, and joined KPMG LLP (KPMG) in September 2011.
“With the support of KPMG’s UFE training program, I felt well-equipped and confident going into the UFE, but the Gold Medal still came as a shock,” said Joshua Huff, Staff Accountant, KPMG. “I don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon – I will strive for the same level of success I achieved on my UFE throughout my career with KPMG.”
The intensive three-day evaluation, administered by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA), assesses Chartered Accountant candidates’ competencies including knowledge, professional judgment and ethics. 3,077 students across Canada passed the 2012 exam.
KPMG LLP, an Audit, Tax and Advisory firm (kpmg.ca) and a Canadian limited liability partnership established under the laws of Ontario, is the Canadian member firm of KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”). KPMG member firms around the world have 145,000 professionals, in 152 countries. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity, and describes itself as such.