- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
KPMG: New Chief Information Officer, Global Tax Appointed
June 14, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
John Q. McGowan has been appointed to the new role of Chief Information Officer, Global Tax. McGowan has been with KPMG LLP since 1993 and has led the U.S. firm’s Tax Technology practice since 2004. He is a certified public accountant licensed in the District of Columbia and North Carolina, and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He holds both a master of accounting degree and bachelor of science degree in business administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
His chief responsibility will be to help ensure that KPMG addresses the varied tax needs of its member firms’ clients using the latest technology.
McGowan is a 19-year veteran of KPMG and previously served as leader of the Tax Technology practice for KPMG LLP, the U.S. audit, tax and advisory firm. He brings to his new role extensive knowledge of tax technology as well as in-depth experience with KPMG’s network of member firms — in particular, the firm’s U.S. Tax practice, where he served for many years as a client-facing Tax professional before focusing on the use of technology to help drive efficiency in tax processes.
Rick Smith, head of Global Delivery for KPMG International commented:
“John understands the needs of our clients, having worked with some of the largest organizations around the world,” he says. “He knows how complex tax is and that it is getting more so each day. It’s great to have John on the team, helping our clients cut through that complexity, using technology to meet their needs in the most efficient and effective way.”