- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
KPMG UK Recognized for Improving Diversity and Social Mobility in the UK
October 11, 2012
Business in the Community has given KPMG with the 2012 “Widening the Talent Pool” award. The annual award is given to a company that has taken the most significant steps to increase diversity and social mobility the United Kingdom. BITC gives the award at its yearly Race for Opportunities.
KPMG has taken a number of measures to help all employees have an equal chance of succeeding in the workplace. They have reached out to many citizens in some of the more impoverished areas of London to grow their workforce. One of the biggest steps they took was implementing its STARs programme. They have given many disadvantaged workers the opportunity to receive nearly a year’s worth of paid work experience with KPMG.
Marianne Fallon is the Head of Corporate Affairs for KPMG UK. Fallon said that KPMG is grateful to have received the “Widening the Talent Pool Award.” They remain committed to increasing opportunities for disadvantaged workers and improving race and gender equality throughout their firms.
She said the efforts they have taken have broken down many traditional professional boundaries. The entire organization has benefited from KPMG’s efforts to encourage more diversity in the workplace.