- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
KPMG’s Hank Gutman Shares Perspective on Fiscal Cliff
December 23, 2012
Hank Gutman, KPMG principal and former chief of staff of Joint Committee on Taxation, has recently shared his perspective on the state of the fiscal cliff. Gutman said that companies need to take the necessary steps to prepare for the fiscal cliff before the end of the year.
Gutman said that KPMG has conducted a number of surveys to determine how executives feel about the upcoming fiscal cliff. He said that most businesses feel that the government is not going to be able to resolve the fiscal cliff before the end of the year. They are taking the necessary precautions and Gutman said other businesses are advised to do the same.
The studies KPMG conducted found that most businesses want to see a combination of spending cuts and tax increases. Another third of study participants said that they prefer to see spending cuts, which would be predominantly targeted towards entitlement programs.
However, Gutman said that most businesses don’t expect the resolution will be in line with their preferences. Most businesses don’t expect any changes to entitlement reforms and will see tax reform to businesses over the next three years. However, only 11% of respondents expect business tax reforms to be instituted in 2013.
Anyone can watch Gutman’s webcast through KPMG’s website.