- How much capital will I need to invest to be a partner at Big 4 firm?
- Doing Their Part: Accenture’s Ed Meehan talks about the “Hiring Our Heroes” Workshops
- 3 essential people you MUST have in your corner if you have a fighting chance of making partner
- How Should Consultants Best Use Facebook and Social Media
- 7 options to avoid lowering your fees for a client
- The only 8 metrics you need to make sure your business development activity is hitting the spot
- 3 simple questions to help you find your niche
- How to Deal with Client Unresponsiveness
- How my love affair with Buzzards will help you generate more referrals
- Every Coin Has Two Sides: Ernst & Young’s Joe Steger Talks With Big4.com About Q1 Global technology M&A update
KPMG’s San Diego Office Recognized for Flexibility
October 7, 2012
The Society for Human Resource Management and the Family and Works Institute have recognized KPMG’s San Diego office for the flexibility of its workforce. The institutions haveawarded KPMG San Diego the 2012 Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility as part of the When Work Works project.
The When Work Works project evaluates companies throughout the country. Countries are selected based on reports from businesses on what steps they have taken to increase flexibility in their workforce. The study also compares these reports to confidential surveys from employees within those organizations.
Ellen Galinsky, director of Families and Work Institute, has said that increased flexibility needs to be a priority for all organizations. Research has consistently shown that employees tend to be more loyal and productive in environments that allow for long-term flexibility. They are also more likely to be long-term employees.
Galinsky said that KPMG San Diego ranks among the top 20% of organizations throughout the country. Dave Down, a managing partner with KPMG, said that KPMG is dedicated to promoting workplace flexibility for their employees and is proud to be a recipient of the award. He said it shows KPMG San Diego employees appreciate the measures the division has taken to promote flexibility.