- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
- 5 things you must do to win your first client.
Accenture Acquires Octagon Research Solutions
September 26, 2012
By Michael Foster, Big4.com Blogger
After months of preparation, Accenture has completed its purchase of Octagon Research Solutions, an information management solutions firm specializing in IT services and software for the pharmaceutical industry. The company is based in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
Accenture also offers IT services for the pharmaceutical industry as part of its Life Sciences industry group. David Boath manages the group for Accenture’s North American practice. Boath has said in a statement that the firm’s acquisition of Ocatgon will augment the firm’s pharmaceutical services expertise. “With Octagon’s deep regulatory expertise and proprietary software – coupled with Accenture’s global delivery network and R&D experience across the in the pharmaceutical industry – we can now offer software-enabled clinical and regulatory services solution from the initial clinical protocol design through to regulatory submission,” he said.
Octagon was founded in 1999, originally specializing in outsourcing services in clincal areas and consulting services for the pharmaceutical industry. In 2003, Octagon launched ViewPoint, its enterprise software solution. It continues to offer software solutions, consulting services, integrated clinical solutions, and regulatory solutions for pharmaceutical firms.