- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 2)
- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
Accenture: Forecasting Improvement Contract Awarded
August 23, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
The U.S. Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense has awarded Accenture Federal Services a two-year contract to identify ways that will improve forecasting techniques throughout the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). Work will focus on the lifecycle of an item or weapons system: when it is fully fielded, has an established operational requirement, when it is being phased out of operations. Accenture will use advanced analytics and simulation tools to determine how enhanced forecasting processes may help improve forecast accuracy, inventory levels and supply chain performance.
Accenture’s federal business serves every cabinet-level department and 20 of the largest federal organizations. The U.S. federal portfolio spans across clients in civilian, defense, intelligence and public safety agencies.
John Goodman, who leads Accenture’s defense and intelligence business commented:
“As budgets continue to shrink and demand for smart business decisions increases, analytics and simulation are essential tools to accelerate and improve supply chain systems,” he said.