- Can you have too many relationships with introducers? (part 1)
- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
Accenture: Mobility Software for the Consumer Goods Industry Purchased
August 31, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
NewsPage provides software products to some of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and Accenture (NYSE:ACN) has entered into an agreement to acquire them. The acquisition will complement the capabilities of the Accenture CAS software platform, a leading integrated software platform that supports the consumer goods industry sales processes, and help strengthen its capabilities in emerging markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The Accenture CAS software platform helps consumer goods companies achieve greater trade efficiency and sales by enabling improved product availability on the shelf and increasing their ability to efficiently collaborate with retailers, while supporting the management of large, mobile sales and distribution forces.
Once the transaction has closed, approximately 128 NewsPage employees will join Accenture, and will continue to focus on product development, client sales and delivery. This team will be integrated into the Accenture Software organization.
Fabio Vacirca, senior managing director of Accenture’s Consumer Goods & Services practice commented:
“This acquisition is important as it will enhance Accenture’s ability to help global consumer goods companies by supporting all route-to-market sales and delivery models across mature and emerging markets,”he said. “NewsPage has a strong client base of global consumer goods brands that have benefited from its products. Its addition will strengthen Accenture’s software capabilities in emerging markets and reinforce Accenture’s position as a leading provider of integrated sales software for the consumer goods industry.”