- How To Integrate Continuous Improvement Into Your Organization’s Culture And Daily Activities
- Identify The Strengths Of Your Services And Where Improvements Can Be Leveraged
- How To Succeed In A Continually Changing And Unstructured Workplace
- 6 tips to get back in touch with an old colleague
- Paving the Last Mile of Big Data Analytics
- Important Considerations For An Organizational Restructuring
- Elevator Speech 2.0 = Elevator Dialogue
- 4 ways to qualify a lead
- Is the Trusted Advisor Still Trusted?
- 5 things you must do to win your first client.
Accenture: Nearly Half Of Consumers Make Their Final Purchases Online
November 20, 2012
By Rob Starr, Content Manager, Big4.com
Nearly three out of four (72 percent) of consumers aged 20-40 in the United States and the United Kingdom use mobile devices while in-store to compare prices, but the majority leave before making a purchase, according to a study by Accenture (NYSE:ACN) Interactive. The research also shows that while consumers in this age group are concerned about online privacy, they will permit retailers to track their shopping behavior to personalize their shopping experience.
The survey shows that the consumers surveyed by Accenture Interactive are extremely interested in having a more personalized shopping experience, despite their concern for privacy protection. Sixty-four percent say they would be receptive to receiving text messages when visiting a store informing them of offers that match their past shopping interests, and 60 percent strongly agree that it is acceptable to receive advertisements on their smartphone if they opt into them.
When asked to make a choice, 64 percent of respondents say it is more important that companies present them with relevant offers against only 36 percent who say companies should stop tracking their website activity. At the same time, however, 88 percent strongly agree or agree that companies should give them the flexibility to control how their personal information is used to tailor their shopping experience.